WebMD – Get information on senior living, exercise for seniors, staying active and enjoying this time of life.
National Institute on Aging – Information for seniors about aging, staying healthy, and getting health care
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides government-funded information on staying active as we age.
This 24-page booklet from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites readers to see how much they know about aging.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) – Federal government agency with information on Medicare
Family Caregiver Alliance – Information and help for family caregivers
• Receive all the latest health topics and wellness tips from AARP for adults age 50 and over.
Diet and Nutrition
• Get practical tips from AARP on healthy snacking.
• The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides a guide for making wise decisions about what you eat as you age.
• The National Institute on Aging (NIA) offers insight on the causes, symptoms and treatments for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
• Find current research and information about Alzheimer’s from WebMD, including discussion forums for connecting with the larger Alzheimer’s community.
• Read the most recent Alzheimer’s Disease Progress Report from the National Institute on Aging (NIA) for a summary of their latest research efforts.
• Alzheimer’s Association – Helpful information on the causes, treatment, resources available to those with Alzheimer’s and caregivers
Other Important Topics
• American Diabetes Association – Information, programs, and services for people with diabetes
• American Parkinson’s Disease Association – Provides patient/caregiver support and education for those with Parkinson’s Disease
• National Stroke Association – Providing educational programs and activities in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of stroke
Financial, Taxes & Legal Topics
Elderlife Financial Services
When you call Elderlife, a real person immediately asks how can we help you; whose sole mission is to help you, locate, plan and pay for senior living; who understands senior housing options and the financial solutions to help you pay for them.
Veterans Benefits for Senior Living
We are proud to be home to so many of our country’s servicemen and women. We want to do everything we can to ensure that those who’ve sacrificed for our country receive all the help they need to live comfortably.
If you’re a veteran or the spouse of a veteran, you may be qualified for the Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension (also known as the A&A Program). This program is especially designed to help veterans and their surviving spouses who require the attendance of a caregiver to assist with the activities of daily living, including eating, bathing, dressing and monitoring medications.
Long Term Care Insurance
For details on long term care insurance contact:
National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care Information
Administration on Aging
One Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001
Payments may well be tax deductible regardless of whether it is paid by residents or other family members. However, please consult your own tax advisor before making decisions regarding the tax deductibility of senior living expenses.